Thursday, May 31, 2012


Post 8: Taking a Look at the Tools

Getting the I Touch was exciting! What a fun thing for the students to use in the classroom. After watching the video and spending some time playing around on the I Touch, I set up an I Tunes account. Then, I was able to search and download apps. Now, the students can use different apps that I find on the I Touch that are related to our curriculum. Safari is the search engine on the I Touch, so I learned how to navigate Safari and how to explain this to the students.
In order to manage how the students use the I Touch and notebooks in the classroom, I plan to have schedules. The students will know when their time is to use the devices. I also plan to have these devices as one of my math centers. I will have downloaded math apps according to the current concept being taught. The students will also use the devices during research, to complete extension activities, or for re teach purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment